Dry van trailers are very common in our life. It has a large storage container being towed which is not temperature controlled. Therefore, for non-perishable items, this method is usually used for transportation.
Since the dry van trailer is completely enclosed, the cargo can be protected from external factors. Goods can be shipped on pallets or boxes, and even loose freight can be shipped. This is also the reason why most express companies choose dry van trailer as their means of transportation. It’s safe to say that many items you receive may have been shipped using it.
What is Dry van freight?
Dry van freight can be simply explained as non-perishable items. It’s a good choice when shipping cargo that doesn’t require temperature control because it’s cheaper. This is why almost all courier companies use dry van trailer. Items it can transport:
- Beauty products
- Cleaning products
- Various equipment or materials
- Auto parts or service products
Advantages of dry van trailer
- Temperature control is not possible. Even though they can ship a variety of goods for an affordable price, there is this limitation.
- Unable to transport oversized cargo. When the cargo cannot be put into the van trailer, only other types of trailers can be selected. But the flatbed truck is different, even if it exceeds the width or length of the semi-trailer itself, it can transport good.
- It is easy to get wet. Dry van trailers are prone to moisture, which can cause the floor to need repair or replacement.
Is a dry van trailer right for me?
If you’re shipping items that aren’t temperature sensitive, why spend extra money on refrigerated shipping? If you want to buy dry van trailer, you can feel free to contact Three Horses Trailer, they have rich experience in making van trailers and have been working with courier companies for over 10 years.